I hope you enjoy this month’s interview with an author I’ve recently discovered. I know she is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Welcome Sarah, and thanks for agreeing to appear on Born 2 Be More.
Who she is:
USA Today bestselling author, Sarah K. L. Wilson loves spinning a yarn and if it paints a magical new world, twists something old into something reborn, or makes your heart pound with excitement … all the better! Sarah hails from the rocky Canadian Shield in Northern Ontario – learning patience and tenacity from the long months of icy cold – where she lives with her husband and two small boys. You might find her building fires in her woodstove and wishing she had a dragon handy to light them for her.
Serious interview questions:
- Why write a serial instead of full-length novels? (For those unfamiliar with the Dragon School series, you need to get it right now.) I LOVE huge long epic fantasies, but I have the typical busy schedule of modern-day people and I need my books to be fast and intense. Because of that, I was inspired to write short, punchy books that all tied in to a big, epic plot. They’re for people like me who love epic fantasy but are short on time.
- I found you through the Six Queens website. What’s the meaning of the website name? Did you start with six writers? We originally meant to have six queens of YA fiction – six amazing YA writers to share our work with our fans – but in the end there were four of us who solidified around that vision. We liked the idea of keeping the name and we still think that we might eventually add more queens. 😊
- How did you meet the other authors on Six Queens? We met when we all joined the Marked by Fate boxset. Rhonda and Kristin were two of the organizers of that multi-author boxset and our readers loved the fun of that YA SFF box set!
- If you could only give one piece of advice to someone wanting to write fiction, what would it be? Read great fiction and learn from the great authors who came before us!
Wacky interview questions:
- Hot coffee or hot tea or something else? Hot coffee – or cold, or even room temperature as long as it’s coffee. 😊
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Butter Pecan
- What animal makes the best pet? Why? Rabbits. They require very little care but are still fun to cuddle.
- Are you a night owl or early bird? Early bird.
Wrapping it up:
And there you have it. A look at how important it is to network within the world of writers and a fellow early bird who loves coffee. I think we’re going to be close friends, Sarah. Thanks again for agreeing to do this interview for my readers.
You can read more about and by Sarah through her website. Oh, you will also want to join the sff site hosted by Six Queens. I don’t want to spoil it for you but I can say that their first letter is BRILLIANT.
Until next time remember, you are Born 2 Be More.